Our Code of Ethics
Wilson Property Inspections subscribes to the following Code of Ethics in the course of our business.
1. The WPI Inspector shall abide by the Code of Ethics and substantially follow the InterNACHI Standards of Practice.
2. The WPI inspector will not engage in any practices that could be damaging to the public or bring discredit to the home inspection industry.
3. The WPI Inspector shall be fair, honest, impartial, and act in good faith in dealing with the public.
4. The WPI Inspector will not discriminate in any business activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, sexual orientation, or handicap and shall comply with all federal, state and local laws concerning discrimination.
5. The WPI Inspector shall be truthful regarding his/her services & qualifications.
6. The WPI Inspector will have no undisclosed conflict of interest with the client, nor will the WPI Inspector accept or offer any undisclosed commissions, rebates, profits, or other benefit.
7. The WPI Inspector will not communicate any information about an inspection to anyone except the client without the consent of the client, except where it may affect the safety of others or violates a law or statute.
8. The WPI Inspector shall always act in the interest of the client, unless doing so violates a law, statute, or this Code of Ethics.
9. The WPI Inspector shall use a written contract that specifies the services to be performed, limitations of services, and fees.
10. The WPI Inspector shall comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where he/she conducts business.
11. The WPI Inspector shall not offer to perform repairs on the property that was inspected for a period of 12-months from the time of the initial inspection.
At Wilson Property Inspections we inspect every home as if our family was living in it.